06 April 2005

the risk of living

"this is the story of taking your dreams into your own hands, and doing something bigger than yourself" -- Coke commercial

so almost two weeks ago, i gave my two week notice at nordstrom. yes, it was a heart wrenching, incredibly challenging choice to make. on one hand i could have stayed in a comfortable management job that pays good+ or i could have taken a chance, followed my heart and leapt into the unknown. after much contemplation and deliberation, i decided on option two. and THEN i bought an airline ticket to boston with the intention to go to nyc for a few days to boot. WOW. it feels like a great leap of faith cuz the paychecks will be stopping and money hasn't manifested in physical abundance...yet.

my dad asked my plan and i told him that i didn't really have one. i said that i have a vision and a passion and i'm operating on faith and courage. he said i'd need a lot of those. i told him i need just enough...just enough to get me out of the routine, over the hump and onto the path, life will take its course from there. that much i do know.

although i don't know how this story is going to unfold, i'm clear that i could not continue down the road i was going. yes, it was a consistent paycheck with benefits and a 401k. but i was miserable, pissy and just so far off track it felt ridiculous. i am putting my money where my mouth is and that feels even more amazing than comfort and consistency.

the magic will happen in boston. i'm going to have an amazingly fun time in new york. this is what had to happen in order for me to soar to the heights that i dream of. i'm a little nervy but i know that it's all going to work out in divine timing and pefect order.

my prayer is for clarity, strength, positive mindset and the energy to keep it moving and rest when appropriate. this is is what i rest on the altar of my heart. this is what i surrender to everything unknown.

i'm jumping...and the Universe is catching me. my humble gratitude.

loveandlight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home