24 April 2005

home again, home again, jiggityjig

so, two important things have happened since i left seattle 13 days ago:

1) spring has exploded in seattle with wonderful smells, warm sunlight, clear skies and smiling faces.

2) i've gained 10 pounds and 2.5 inches.

while #1 is a pleasant surprise, #2 is not so sweet. true, after several strenuous, unsuccessful days of trying to maintain my food and fitness regime on the road, i gave myself full permission to eat whatever i wanted. and so i did. and i love me some good food. new york nuts are my favorite EVER, who can deny ny pizza and the incredible array of international food selections that the city offers? well honey, i pigged out and i can feel the weight heavy on my legs and waist, not to mention, i can see the inches staring back at me in the mirror.

but that's okay. i gave myself permission to eat all the flour, salt, sugar, cookies, sweets, crackers, ice cream, french fries and that my heart desired. now i know how my body reacts to such an indulgence. i think part of me was interested in sabotaging my diligent efforts to trim my body down, in attempt to soften the blow if i didn't make it. the shitty problem is--now i've got that much farther to go!

oh well. i walked to the gym, hit it heavy, and walked all the way home. i'm back on my food routine. and i already feel worlds better. so i'm back on course. it was fun i must admit, to eat everything that i dreamed of eating. and now it's time for the rubber to hit the road. when they call me to move on to the next level, i want to be more than ready.

love and light,

me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home