03 September 2005

big ups kanye!!/is he the next jesse? (just kidding)

on nbc's telethon concert he had said...

Mike Myers: [dutifully reads canned plea for charity on teleprompter]

Kanye: [abandons teleprompter] "I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family and they say we are looting, you see a white family and they say they are looking for food. And, you know, its been five days because most of the people ARE black. And even for me to complain, I would be a hypocrite because I would turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right to see what is the biggest amount I can give. And just to imagine, if I was down there and those are my people down there. If there is anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help about the way America is set up the help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. Red cross is doing as much as they can. We already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way. And now they've given them permission to go down and shoot us.

Mike Myers: [stands frozen in horror, decides to pretend nothing happened and stick with the teleprompter]

Kanye: GEORGE BUSH DOES NOT CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE.

Mike Myers: [descends into complete panic]

what do you think?

UPDATE: NBC censors Kanye West

The corporate big wigs didn't take too kindly to West's tirade against President Bush earlier today on the Concert for Hurricane Relief, so they edited his remarks on the West Coast feed

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! what happened to freedom of speech (reality checkin' in this case) in "land of the free, home of the brave?" jeeze louise!!

one of my favorite quotes EVER:

"I don't drink and I don't do drugs. I am a black woman in the land of the free, home of the brave. I don't need any more illusions."

1 Comments:

At 05 September, 2005 08:11, Blogger amyherring said...

who said the thing about illusions? it's genius...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home