25 August 2005

rebirth of magic/the good old days

there is an incessant mantra that whispers to me when my internal chatterbox has gone to sleep. it softly coos in my ear, "there is a magic here," and lulls me back to consciousness. it is in those moments that i remember what it was like to breathe full breaths and laugh with sparkles in my eyes.

i read through a three year-old journal yesterday and realized that i had written the same things then that i'm saying to myself now. "self approval is the only answer!" rang out clear and loud and strong on every page. my dreams are still the same. my heart is still as pure. my intentions are still as clear. and yet my actions...well, what are they really doing? they are, they are evolving and becoming they are.

i remember our sisterfire mantra, "respect the process" and how it all made so much sense then. energy man...what an alchemist it is...all those powerful women in one space, every third thursday until the breaka dawn like clockwork. we had no idea what we were gettin' into. we just knew we needed it. and magic was born, bred and nurtured. we were some vessels man! how i miss the old school sisterfire days. that is real magic there...if i could capture it in a bottle and sell it instead of crack, greed or fear, the world would be a much healthier, happier place, but i digress...

so much...so much to say...


l'

2 Comments:

At 26 August, 2005 04:57, Blogger Gradly said...

Loving this post....everything you have captured in words I have been thinking in my mind.

I just read my old journal about a week ago...but mine wasn't the same. It was all about pain from romantic relationships and friendships. But its all growth. You gotta respect that. Many people don't...they want what they want now and not later.

Some times you gotta walk for a mile in the snow...bare foot...with a thorn in your side...before you can get to school to truly love yourself and you current position in life.

 
At 26 August, 2005 07:29, Blogger teresa said...

i too feel the need for a sisterfire fix. i too have thought of it recently and increasingly. but this is not a "you never miss the water..." situation because we lived in each sisterfire moment enough to know the blessing was real. we celebrated the well (or in our case, the womb) right then and there, but do you remember what you told us? to take the power with us. you definitely have the entitilement to put some sisterfire in a box and carry it with you mama! (the occassional atl visit on a thrid thursday would be smashing as well, but one thing at a time). we cannot help but to sometimes yearn for that space again. it was indeed so magical, but so are we, love, so are we.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home