04 September 2005

love jones fulfilled

i had the best date today! bookstores, cheese pizza (my favorite!), spiritual building, sitting by the beautiful lake washington at sunset, and then the club(ub)! who could ask for anything more? (toyota!)

and at this wonderful seattle club of mine, for the first something or other minutes, i was seriously missing traxx/jaguars/the duplex/barcode because listening to all of the top 40 hip-hop and r&b from the last five years was really gettin' on my nerves. and i know it's seattle, so i really shouldn't ever expect anything else. it is the town where you can wear "jesus sandals", mismatched clothing/accessories, old sneakers and incredibly informal/uncute clothes to the club without being looked at cross-eyed. unfortunately, the song selections weren't old enough to be 'oldies but goodies' but they were too old to be something that i seriously wanted to dance to. and while i knew they wouldn't be jammin' my favorite old soul or house music, i figured something better would come along eventually. as i waited, i made new friends, smiled at other dancing folk enjoying themselves and saw some old friends. then they started playing REAL music to my ears...

"it takes two"--rob bass
"if"--janet jackson (no, i didn't do the choreographed routine, although i do still know it by heart)
"groove is in the heart"--dee lite
"startin' somethin'--michael jackson
"i want you back"--jackson 5

there were other groovy tunes, but these were my top 5. and i must say, only in seattle would such tunes be played to a PACKED club after yin yang twins, destiny's child, missy and kanye and still have everybody jammin' on the one. and that is one of the many, many wonderful reasons that i'm so glad to be from this magical and quite humorous little town called seattle.

p.s. i really am the best date ever. it's so good dating my beloved...

love,

me

2 Comments:

At 04 September, 2005 08:46, Blogger Alison said...

looks like my mismatched ass would fit right in there. People still looking at me crosseyed at school but at least my seattle bred roomate doesnt mind.

I bet that pizza didnt have clams on it....

 
At 04 September, 2005 10:28, Blogger jb said...

jesus sandals rock although dear atliens shamed me into giving them away. I am getting some new mephistos dammit.

oh great dates rock also! gladder then glad you good timed.

love, me

(feeling pretty groovy today. i'll explain later)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home