18 September 2005

there are things that i believe.

love is one of them.

so is black and white photography, raw, organic foods, hand holding, truth telling, sisterfire! i believe in sisterhood and jalylah. i believe in my mother's love, patience and diligence. i believe in god/desses. i believe we always, always KNOW what we know. i believe that monthly menses are blessings. i believe in tears and salt rubs and confessions. i believe that i'm beautiful.

and that magic is beneath the surface, moving in subtle places with no name or memory. i believe i've been jealous of you. i believe i create what i live. i believe in the power of my consciousness. i believe life is a gift. i believe crystal is one of tbe most beautiful, positive people i have ever known in my whole, entire life.

i believe that you love me. i believe that i needed to learn something important from erica. i believe that i pause in rememberance everytime i write her name. i believe in righteousness and liann and niani and nicole. i believe in the village. i believe that i will make them proud.

i believe that i will be fully beloved and lover to someone other than myself. i believe in sanctuary. and you. and your vision. i believe my ancestors love me and look out every time i pause between inhaling and exhaling.

i believe that sometimes your love makes me shy and i want to hide. i believe in the rainbow parachutes that i lifted up and ran beneath with my kindergarden class. i believe in stars and my soulmate sister *piper*sunshine*colemanscurry*. i believe in the yinyang years and spirituality, before and after it was trendy.

i believe in your healing apart from me. i believe we are all one.

love,

me

5 Comments:

At 19 September, 2005 05:56, Blogger Gradly said...

Magic is great...and so are you.

Am I saying you are magic?

Yes...

You are both human and magic.

 
At 19 September, 2005 12:43, Blogger a black girl said...

believing is sacred and precious. i beleive... that we all should share those things because so often they create who we are. I believe you are a goddess.

 
At 20 September, 2005 07:50, Blogger fierce1 said...

This was so beautiful. I believe its time for me to give thanks to those who have been here with me, all along. Goodness, im overwhelmed.

 
At 20 September, 2005 13:31, Blogger summer of sam said...

forgive me for not commenting on your post, but i just gotta tell ya that i was playing raw like sushi this weekend--not that you (should) care.

peter gabriel, a-ha, and now neneh cherry...well, i think i'm developing an internet crush on you.

just a long-winded way of saying your blog beats make me immensely happy.

 
At 23 September, 2005 19:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. I believe in your visuals!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home