10 September 2005

Who said Hip-Hop was dead? (ok, it was me. i changed my mind though.)

This song is absolutely BRILLIANT!!!!!!! I'm about to blow outta my seat it's so amazing!! Good googaly moogaly!

And i got great news to share about my incredible new job, but I'ma let you juice on this for a minute and I'll tell you the rest a little later. Here are the lyrics...

GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE by K-OTIX
(to the beat of Kanye's "Gold Digger")

"George Bush doesn't care about Black people" (spoken by Kanye West)

I aint sayin' he's a gold digger, but he ain't messin' with no broke n*ggas
I aint sayin' he's a gold digger, but he ain't messin' with no broke n*ggas

George Bush don't like Black people (4x)

Hurricane came through, f*cked us up 'round here
Government actin' like it's bad luck down here
All I know is that you'd better bring some trucks 'round here
Wonder why I got my middle finger up 'round here

People's lives on the line, you declining the health
Since you takin' so much time,
we're surviving ourselves
Just me and my pets and my kids and my spouse
Trapped in my own house, looking for a way out

Five days in this motherf*ckin' attic
Can't use a cell phone, I keep getting static
Dyin' cuz they're lyin' instead of telling us the truth
Other day the helicopters got my neighbors off the roof
Screwed because they said they're coming back for us too
That was three days ago, I don't see no rescues

A man's got to do what a man's got to do
Since God made the path, then I'm trying to walk through
Swam to the store trying to look for food
But the store was kinda flooded so I broke my way through
I got what I could but before I got through,
The news said the police shot a Black man tryin' to loot

George Bush don't like Black people (4x)

I aint sayin' he's a gold digger, but he ain't messin' with no broke n*ggas
I aint sayin' he's a gold digger, but he ain't checkin' for no broke n*ggas

George Bush don't like Black people (4x)

Five damn days, five long days
And at the end of the fifth you walkin' in like, 'hey'
Chillin' on his vacation sittin' patiently
Them Black folks gotta hold, gotta wait and see
If FEMA really comes through in an emergency
But no body seems to have a sense of urgency

And now the mayor's been reduced to crying
I guess Bush said n*ggas been used to dyin'
He said, 'I know it looks bad, just have to wait'
We're gettin' folks too broke to evacuate,
N*ggas starvin' and they're dyin' of thirst,
I bet he had to go and check on them refineries first

Makin' a killin' off the price of gas,
He woulda been up in Connecticut twice as fast.
After all that we've been through, nothin's changed.
You can call Red Cross but the fact remains that

George Bush ain't a gold digger, but he ain't f*ckin' with no broke n*ggas
George Bush ain't a gold digger, but he ain't f*ckin' with no broke n*ggas

Come down Bush, come on, come down (4x)

George Bush don't like Black people (3x)

Come down Bush, come on, come down (4x)

4 Comments:

At 10 September, 2005 12:01, Blogger The Funky Fly Fresh Goddess said...

Would you rather have a Lexus or Justice? A dream or some substance? HA! I am a big ol' jaw dropping fan of this song! L., girl, you always come with the jewels...That's why you rock...You're so fly that you float!

 
At 10 September, 2005 12:02, Blogger The Funky Fly Fresh Goddess said...

How did you find this gem?

 
At 11 September, 2005 14:31, Blogger jb said...

i appreciated this song when I first heard it fri morn but honestly I'm feeling the Mos Def song "Dollar Days for N.O." aka "Katrina Clap" mucho more

 
At 12 September, 2005 12:37, Blogger teresa said...

i appreciate this. he put it down dead-prez-hot-beat-real-lyrics-switch-a-roo style. thank you for putting it on! cause it may have taken em a minute to find it on my own. that's what it's about. hiphop was on a strecher for a minute. we were all in the waiting room pacing, but i think we can resucitate her... [bogus niggas] CLEAR! and where can i find that MOS track. i bet he lays it down (you take that in whatever context you wish ;+) (oh, she's so fresh!)

love you!

bzzzz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home