01 April 2006

bodywisdom

i have made myself a commitment of extreme self-care. in addition to joyfully living a drama-free life, i take extremely (and increasingly) sweet and gentle care of myself. this looks like many things: (nearly) daily yoga. sleeping early and rising early, honesty, laughter, 1.5 hour massages every two weeks, accupuncture, gentle chiropractic work. my own space with wonderful roommates. listening to constructive feedback and perspective. being open and receiving love.

this morning in my massage there was a lot going on in my back, new knots and burnings and holdings in my body. new places calling to be healed and released. parts of my emotional wounds that were showing up in my physical body to be recognized and surrendered.

my massage therapist and i have real talk on the table. none of that falling asleep to the theraputic and light strokes across the body. no. she be workin' a sista out like it ain't no kinda joke. not rough and insensitve but intentional and (incredibly) intuitive. she is throughly invested in my health and healing and does her part to help make it happen.

when i laid down on the table she asked me if anything had shifted since my last visit and since i had been both to ny and atl (spending time with some of y'all beautiful folk), a whole buncha things had shifted for me. i began talking and talking and talking and she was working and working and working. my upper back was knotted the f*ck up with some serious holdings but she said the more that i talked about my high visions, my manifested learnings and intentions for the future, the more the knots continued to melt away.

she said, "there's something you're holding on to here, breathe into it and let it go." i breathed and surrendered and talked and talked. with each breath, with each incarnation of new thought into sound, my physcial body melted more into grace and peace. "the more you focus on what you want to create and the joy that you've experienced, the more your body lets go of whatever it's been holding on to."

and while the knots in my upper back were new (and according to louise l. hay their emotional source was believing in a lack of emotional suport. feeling unloved. holding back love.), my body has been manifesting some other serious signs lately and i know that i am not living in full surrender and trust of the Divine. i've been making very limiting choices for my body and it's all showing up in ways that can be incredibly harmful.

i will not name them to give them power. instead i just ask for your highest love, light and prayers of Divinely perfect healing. i know i am already whole and healed. please hold that vision and help me live into it. i am so grateful for the body's wisdom, for the warning signs and 'notes to self' that the body communicates when the mind is too busy to listen. ohh, blessed be. you're right jah. in all senses of the words. we do have everything we need. we carry everything we need. all of the answers are within.

for this i give thanks.

blessed light and joy,

l'

4 Comments:

At 02 April, 2006 09:30, Blogger FindingMie said...

Neato how Spirit has already given us everything we need, huh? Already healed. Already whole. Already loved beyond our wildest imaginations. Kisses to your beautiful Spirit. I miss you already!

 
At 04 April, 2006 09:58, Blogger jb said...

: )

love,
jb

 
At 04 April, 2006 11:58, Blogger K. Bella said...

daily yoga and regular massage therapy: very necessary. It's hard to find moments for quiet reflection these days.

::peace::

Kimerie

 
At 08 April, 2006 12:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this....shonuff sis

happy saturday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home