28 July 2005

country croonin'

i miss atlanta and sometimes, in my delirium, i think about moving back there. but then the millisecond passes and i regain my right mind. after a somekinda morning, i spent yesterday evening in pilates and great conversation with my longtime heartfriend amanda. as usual, she cooked me great dinner and provided dialogue that my spirit needed to just be.

there was a lot of intense and mutually reciprocal sharing and listening, thank God. she then showed me pics of her atl visit and it occurred to me that not only am i kinda cute, but my life used to be pretty cool. i then realized that if i slowed down long enough, i'd probably realize that it's still pretty cool.

i realized that i've spent so much time and energy longing for what could be and what might be and what i want to be that the precious jewels of the present get overlooked for the hunger of the perpetual future. and as much as i hated on atl, her pictures of my cute yellow house and my friends in the park and the neighborhood homies who tried to holla when she took a morning stroll reminded me that it really ain't so bad.

don't get it twisted though, i'm still not moving back. in the meantime, i'll let it take up a much more beautiful space in my mind's eye.

love and light,

l'

p.s. happy earthday to you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home