25 July 2005

constellation framework

the peaces are falling into place. and i am gratefully stepping lightly and slowly onto path. after meltdown, mornings are better. and the self-critical magnifying glass gets put away (hopefully forever). i am still tired and sleeping a lot. my grandma (bless her 91 year old body and timeless soul) has been waking up in the middle of conversations that no one else remembers. we now share bedroom space and i become the listener in the middle of my own beta moments. aunty "cornfused" barbara holds me to my greatest potential, fueling my desire to live out my dreams, sharing what it feels like to have never tried. she remindes me that kissing many frogs is required before finding my own royal partner. and i rememberandremember how little of a priority that is right now anyway.

in my visually impaired search, i have found the next step. i am learning to mute my mother's voice, and listen more and more closely to the neversleeping visionary inside my heart. she is young and infinite. brave and bold. she harnesses her fear and rides it into the sun. her name is phoenix and she is reborn on the back of fire. after silencing her for so many moons, i am incredibly grateful to be reunited. she is always beneath the surface--my omnipresent elder and child, my gracious north star spirit.

it feels mighty good to be home.

love,

me

p.s. jah, the "cornfused" part was just for you. :)

3 Comments:

At 26 July, 2005 08:09, Blogger jb said...

even b4 I got to the tag line "jah the cornfused part was just for you" my facial muscles were constricting on some dominique dawes shit. Laugh lines are permanently indented. Kay. So don't worry bout me not smiling in pics. Auntie Barbara, Seatown, Spaces and Places We Fly, It's Love!

Oh I really hope I can come back for Bumbershoot. (PS aint Ani gon' be there she's really rocking my world right now. Thank you for puting my stubborn-i'm the gemini not the taurus-ass on to her and the genius that was Dione Farris album)

Miss ya like an old soul record!

 
At 26 July, 2005 12:20, Blogger Phoenix said...

"i'm the gemini not the taurus" haha girl. you be crackin' me up. i miss you muuuch! oh! i miss you much!!

you'd better come for bumbershoot!!! now that's the truth!! it's gonna be hot like biscuits and butta!! AND we can see ani, mos, common, maroon 5...

 
At 26 July, 2005 14:54, Blogger SuJ'n said...

again, luv, you prove that you are my alter ego. i too am a kin to the phoenix. die at night, and rise anew in the morning, bird-sister. suj'n

 

Post a Comment

<< Home