14 July 2005

kisses of blueberries in oatmeal

today i:

* ran down concrete hills to find my once frozen Love melted and waiting paitiently with wisdom and wide open arms.

* got a gift and apology in front of the class from the teacher who was "hard on me" yesterday.

* went to the gym and sweated for 45 mins

* learned that just like me, another teacher is from berkeley and has been both a hippie AND black panther (except her experiences were in this lifetime)

* opened up a little more at work

* read another poem on the bus, here's my favorite part:

...i want work like that!
work that makes me dizzy
makes me drunk on sweet nectar
finds me dancing
across the plush, pink petals of all that i love
--Kathy Heffernan

* had incredible clarity about my life path and next steps :D

* realized that when i ask people, "have you been doing that your whole life?," i'm really asking myself, "will i have time to do this well before i die? is it worth it to start now?

* took a great nap while making a gazillion copies and wasting trees.

hope you had a great one too,

love me

p.s. currently playing is my love ani difranco's both hands. it is a musical and lyrical hotbed of genuis. if you click on the name, you can read her mighty fine brilliance as you listen to the beautiful song. this album (living in clip) totally transformed my world my first year of college. i was reborn, never to be the same again. words cannot even begin to explain my love for this womyn.

p.s.s. i initially had 2 pac and bone-thug's thug luv playing because it's one of my favorite nastalgic songs in the whole wide world but it's incredibly vulgar so i decided against it. but, if you've never heard this wild and fabulous musical creation, please click on the name and enjoy the tunes.

2 Comments:

At 15 July, 2005 07:39, Blogger Gradly said...

I'm happy that you are reading on the bus. I usually spend my time on the bus watching people or having some conversation with someone sitting next to me about their everyday life. I usually end up trying to get them to write down their stories. I wonder how many have done it?

 
At 15 July, 2005 18:59, Blogger Phoenix said...

thank you honey. it's an annual project that the seattle bus system does. poets/writers submit their work and some are chosen to have work on the bus. it keeps people engaged, inspired and occupated on the wonderful rides throughout the city. fun times i say. something to look forward to when you come...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home