04 July 2005

love secrets beneath my tongue

i choose to believe in love because i don't want to live any other options. but my girl's news yesterday partnered with terry "got my groove back" mcmillan's news late last month, partnered with my growing distrust for words that should be solid, sometimes the only thing that i have left is my own belief that true, honest, accountable love is possible.

i've known (not to mention dated) too many hot in the pants youngins to believe that everyone has good intentions and that everyone says what they mean (or means what they say) and that everyone tells the truth all the time. and so when faced with "facts" and "truths" and relationships that aren't always stable or whole, i have to close my eyes and feel the thumping in my heart and know that someone, somewhere will love me full and tell me their entire truth, even if it hurts us all...i have to know that i will remeet Love that reflects my own highest intentions and we will last for eternity loving and dancing and becoming all of who we already are, plus some.

i choose to cherish my own guts' knowing, and the clenching that comes in my throat when i talk to the maybe crush that you won't tell me about. because i know that sometimes the truth comes to your mouth slowly and reality isn't always what is in front of my eyes, and i still love you (most of the time).

and as i sit here with puzzle pieces and compassion waiting for more revelations, i wonder what it will take for me to finally walk away and give my own self the whole truth that i desperately deserve.

1 Comments:

At 04 July, 2005 19:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"i have to close my eyes and feel the thumping in my heart and know that someone, somewhere will love me full and tell me their entire truth, even if it hurts us all"

....delicious words to live by that speak volumes! your journal is an inspirational vitamin for me. i'm thankful for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home