13 June 2005

reach out and touch somebody's hand...

just when i think that i'm at the end of my little rope, my friends show up for me in ENORMOUS ways to move my world and instantly change everything. that is such an incredible thing. it's way beautiful beyond words and i am so, so grateful for true love, real love...real friendship that ain't about the pomp and circumstance bullish. these little gifts of friendship come in all kinds of amazing ways including the fundaments when i ain't got it together like loans and gifts, rides, beds, meals...it can also be as simple as a radiant song on my voicemail, a beautiful message to let me know you were thinking about me, an email full of wonderful job postings you found for me on craigslist or the perfect words to melt my heart. and man! these are just the physical manifestations of movements from the heart. i ain't even touched on the emotional blessings that i get from just knowing you folks! i am boyant with love for you. i am high with gratitude.

sometimes when i feel all by myself, it's so wonderful to know that those who are still around, those who came with the realness to make the cut and raised the bar...i can't tell you how much it means to me. oh so much, let me say that right there. just so darm tootin' much.

when the chickens come home to roost, i'm just glad they're organic, free range and grain-fed. there's no room for fillers here and it means the world to me to look around and know that everything that is birthed between us, everything that is created, is the truth. and even if it ain't all perfect or yadayadayada, it is real. and what can i say, that means more to me than anything.

thanks for all this goodness! how did i get to be so blessed?

thank you kindly. oh so very much.

and there are some things about me that i would like to share since we here at blogger are all about sharing, right? so, here goes:

i would like to label myself with some words because sometimes i just feel like mike. now, i'm not saying this is the truth of my authentic self or anything like that, but maybe it is and i'm just actin' brand new half of the time. anyway, away we go!

-- thief, snob, earth mama, angel, devil's advocate, healer, writer, fairy, sister, sponge, reflection, mystic, rock, show stoppin' m.c., spelling bee drop-out, o.c.d. overloader, friend(ster), lover, prude, hippie, aint jamima, best boogier, most culturally aware, prom queen, cheerleader, traveller, procrstinator, liar, scribe, coward, fearless, cheat, the other woman, victim, faker, tease, contradiction, manipulator, salve, instigator, scholar, underachiever, jealous ex, stupid repeat offender, dyke, straight girl, ally, black girl, token, extra, love blind, heartbroken, conductor, destroyer, curious, hungry, insatiable...

like lauryn hill said, all these words are about me. i embrace all colors in the crystal's spectrum. and now it's time to go to sleep. g'night mate. thanks for playing.

love,

me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home