03 July 2005

i read recently that when there is a wound in the body, the muscles around the wound tighten up in order to protect it from further harm. and while the pain can be debilitating, encouraging us to numb and medicate until we feel better, in order to fully heal, the injured muscles must be excersized past the pain.

my chest has been hurting now for many, many moons. i remember clutching my chest from the sharp, agonizing pain in classrooms at spelman five years ago. a few years later, i checked myself into the emergency room because the daily pain had grown intense i couldn't handle it anymore. after spending my entire day hooked up to machines, taking tests and answering isolated medical questions, they told me to go home because i had a clean bill of health. but i knew something was wrong. i was hurting and i didn't know what to do about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home