07 July 2005

words i read on the bus/...everything else...

"i kin take it lyin' down"

pickled ginger for hopes
n yellowtail
on the tip of my tongue

give me some rice, luv

these chopsticks are
made of mahogany

-- SUJ'N CHON


i am feeling both tarnished and new lately, a little soiled and raw from unfolding and expsosing and confessing. i am a little tired chasing the words that run through my head all day into night and new days again. delaine asks me if anyone ever said that i think too much and while most of my mutually overthinking folks haven't shared that observation, i'm sure at some point they were thinking it too...

times change so quickly, and i remeet unfolded fortune cookies in cars that we claimed on corners years ago. i am hungry for a future that i remembered to dream during a time when i believed, but the image is fading quickly and i have forgotten the details of the path that i want to create. why does it feel like i'm driving with my parking break on when the road is wide and open and free ahead of me?

my long life friend (who some might call career thug/thrower/pusher...) confesses stories of love and loss and yearning for more and i wonder, is this what 32 looks like? is this where we end up when dead end jobs continue to dissatisfy and there are no more answers to our riddles? i want answers. i want a yellow brick road home. i want to remember myself in silent moments when there is no need for words or confession or memory. i want to know it all is true and just step out there anyway.

this has been an incredible day. seattle is offering my most favorite weather for relaxation and enjoyment. i am seeing old and new friends whose energy contributes great wealth and nourishment to my soul. i have caught the bus with .65 cents AND got a transfer from a gracious driver. i have been heart heavy and hungry for good food. my assholic jesture(s) from a few days ago have left me unresolved, soaking wet and yearning to make amends. i have missed my friends and wanted to belong. i have dreamed of rest and money and abundance manifested. i have missed myself more than i ever knew possible.

this is my silence song. the true confessions and unsolved thoughts that dailly dance through my head.

light and love,

l.

4 Comments:

At 08 July, 2005 09:35, Blogger teresa said...

it sounds like a wonderful seattle day. just want you to know that your in my thoughts.

peace

 
At 09 July, 2005 10:01, Blogger Phoenix said...

thank you honey. i feel the love and i'm reflecting it right back to you.

 
At 13 July, 2005 18:09, Blogger SuJ'n said...

do you know what a "vanity search" is? it's when you put your name in the Google bar, and see what comes up. my name is pretty unique, so i'm almost guaranteed that when i put my name in, it's referencing me somehow. anyhow, it's called a vanity search because, well, it's quite vain in a way - and i admit, i'm interested in knowing what in cyberspace is out there.

my last vanity search led me to your blog. you quoted a poem that you saw on the bus; i hope that meant you were touched by it somehow.

but more important than that, i've been reading some of your posts and i think we may be each other's alter egos. http://pluot.blogspot.com

 
At 14 July, 2005 22:30, Blogger Phoenix said...

thank u so much for sharing your beauty. wonderful i must declare. such a great way to bright the bus ride. i left a note on your blog too. hope you check it soon. light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home