13 July 2005

it's getting laaaaate...(imagine floetry's ditty)

i'm sleepy but had a good day. much better head location than the last couple of days. mia was my candlelight in the dark this afternoon and it was mighty fine to talk with her. she has spent the last six years really putting together her adult life and she's finally in her rhythm! i cannot even begin to tell you how that conversation did wonders for my soul and mind.

she's on the same path, but farther ahead and it's great to see how things are showing up and working out for her right now. she didn't compromise, she followed her heart and worked hard to get it all flowing cohesively. now she's beginning to reap the real benefits. as an artist/activist/scholar/people mixer, she has come a long way and things are really really unfolding now. she was able to give me some concrete support and strategies that make sense to help me refine my direction. and to think, when i've been in funks before, i isolated myself from my people! well, i've decided to do it differently this time. instead of hiding away from the world, i'm strategically and intentionally reaching out for support in the moments when i need it.

and work today, well, that it was another interesting day. i'm mentally and emotionally exhausted, trying to channel my inner tiona to get crunk in a christ-like way when necessary. it's a long row to hoe, but i've got to be here for a reason. What it is? still, not so sure. and while my assorted family members find humor in asking me about my day and chuckling, i'm determined to stay relatively sane and pull through till the end.

and i'm going to sleep now. the last few nights i've rested light and dense, not deep and seamless like i usually enjoy. hopefully tonight will bring me smooth dreams and revelations beyond my imagination.

love and light,

l.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home