30 September 2005

niblets of truth

* sesame street is the american institution that i trust the most.

* i love my job.

* i am living more in my purpose and it feels jucier than i could have ever imagined.

* things are unfolding perfectly. and boy/girl/boi and i'm glad about it!

* it's hard out here for a beautiful brown womyn in seattle. (not really, but the self-pity sounded kinda cute. but just kinda...)

* someone i didn't even know in high school told me that my high school (into college) boyfriend was "hot". aparently it was secretly part of his reputation among the white girls at the prep school we attended. i didn't even know such a thing was true. i would pop my collar if a)i had one b)it was still cool to do.

* i'm facilitating a day-long retreat tomorrow with my (100) students and small group facilitators. i'm on my way! yeah buddy!

* my niece is the cutest in the wholeentireuniverse, ever in my wholeentirelife!

* i've taken up the habit of writing blog posts and then not posting them until later. they are still posted in their original place, even if something has already been written after it. most of time they're a little more raw than my traditional posts. i wonder if anyone ever reads them...

* secrets of the young and successful is changing my life. thanks courtney. (i'm about to blow upppp!--that statement is only cute if you know what movie/tv show i'm referencing. unfortunately, i don't really remember where it came from. if you do, 10 cool points for you. please put a sista on.)

* and that's all for right now. have a luscious weekend. (fascinating fact: did you know that "luscious" used to be one of my nicknames? okay. wipe that look of mock surprise off of your face. you know i'm one luscious shutyomouth!)

love you!

l'

3 Comments:

At 30 September, 2005 21:02, Blogger jb said...

"I'm bout to blow up" copyrighted by Martin Lawrence circa mid nineties...

 
At 01 October, 2005 03:13, Blogger Phoenix said...

give thanks and word to the mother. your prize?
a) homemade tofu cheesecake (solid, i promise)
b) sevenanda bought vegan carrot cake
c) a collaboration of boiled eggs that we won't eat but will be ridiculed for forever because they were a little juicy.
d) an autographed picture of maxwell, d'angelo or another one of my baby daddies
e) a videorecording of ian washburn trying to get out of the moat in paris.

let me know your choice. your gift is in the mail.

;)

 
At 02 October, 2005 13:30, Blogger jb said...

smile.

I love it. That's a lovely array except d since well I ain't got get a pic of any of my companions from you. I'll snap one the next time they swing by the crib. Please believe me.

Hands down the ian washburn video...ensures laughter for years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home