02 October 2005

Who Rocks the House?!

"L'Erin rocks the house! And when L'Erin rocks the house, she rocks it ALL DAY LONG!"
"Micky, Micky, Micky Mouse. Rock the House! Micky, Micky, Micky Mouse. Rock the House!"

I had the most incredible, delicious, juicy, empowering, gratifying day yesterday! I really did rock the house like nobody's business! i facilitated a group of 60+ high school students doing work that is helping them transform into dynamic, amazing global leaders. and y'all, let me tell you! All of the twisty, turny roads that have lead me up to this point, all of the seeming dead end roads--mangers! They were all worth it!

I was hot like fiya up there! Talking and jumping and engaging and facilitating. I have officially stepped into my groove!! For Real! And it was worth the wait more than I can even fully articulate! I am so grateful for the Most High blessing me with focus and commitment. And all the angels along the way who gently (sometimes) whispered in my ear to keep going. to "stay focused" (thanks t. for that incredible, consistent, mantra. geeze louise!). y'all dig? can you really dig what i'm saying to you here?

I AM FINALLY LIVING MY LIFE IN PURPOSE!!

and boi, does it feel grrrreat! and this is only the begining. but i am living the dream of getting paid to do what i love to do! working with youth, creating and facilitating leadership curriculum with an international focus. going abroad! working with dynamic young folk who be teaching me stuff!!

before my meditation yesterday i was restlessly sleeping/thinking/worrying about not being prepared for the retreat. and in my meditation Spirit spoke saying, "L'Erin. You have been prepearing for this your whole life." Well true dat. Word to the mother. And i prayed that Spirit would shine through me. That i would step aside and just let the Most do the work. And i could feel it happening. I was at home again. working as a midwife on the journey towards empowerment, enlightenment...for us all...I'm learning and growing and evolving from these exchanges as much as everyone else there. And boy, girl, boi! was it a beautiful thang!

These young scholars are amazing and brilliant and opinionated and vivacious and full of prana! They are ready to learn and grow and i have been blessed with the perfect job opportunity to get them a little closer. To help them learn some more tools on the path. Oh yes. I am in there. Although i woke up at 1 am yesterday and went full-force until 9 pm. I was not exhausted. I was energized, fully present and totally excited. that's how i know it was Spirit and not about me. the moment everything was over and i took a sip of water, i could feel my energy draining out of my feet. i could have fallen asleep on the floor. but i didn't. i processed with my small group facilitators, broke down the room, went home and soaked in the bathtub. watched making the band 3. Then i went to sleep.

this morning, my body is sore, i could use a lot more rest, but i'm energized and thrilled about what's to come. i know this is true for every day, every moment, every breath, but this really is the begining of the rest of my life.

thank you so much for your high prayers, thoughts and love. i am finally getting in my groove. it is never, ever worth it to settle. all those years of holding out for the dream were worth it. now i'm ready to get the party in motion.

abundant love and gratitude,

l' boogie down brown suga

2 Comments:

At 02 October, 2005 12:47, Blogger jb said...

YES!!!!!

Smooches dahling...I'm pretending you're here and we're doing the kid and play to celebrate
: )

Do the damn thing!

love,jb

 
At 02 October, 2005 18:10, Blogger amyherring said...

l'erin,
i called your house yesterday (because i don't have a more appropriate number for you) because andrea (my roommate) and i went to get our makeup done at the mac in rich's/macy's at lenox and it made me remember all the good times when me and moya used to visit you there. okay, that's the whole story!
love,
amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home