28 February 2006

blast off

they are going. moving through this space into greater realms of existance, and i was waiting in the stands, hoping for someone to throw me the baton.

first rosa, then coretta, now octavia. shit. shitshitshitshit.

there is a love here. something courageous enough to manifest into lifelight. their work was about feeling the fear and doing it anyway. there is no room to be caught up in the mental acrobatics of reason and justified procrastination. i am learned and prepared for the journey. i am ready for departure.

these last months, intensified by the last few weeks, have really communicated the validity of now or (motherfucking)never. i no longer speak in general terms of inclusivity, where i try to hide in the we of commuinty and group thought. there is no one else to wait for. no other hand to hold. the universe is screaming, "they have done their work!! when the hell are you going to do yours?!" i am toe to toe with myself, bucking up my chest, balling up my fists and breaking the motherfucking drumline for my own liberation.

yes. i have chosen the higher will.

tonight my minister said, "center yourselves on what's the power in your lives because it's not _________." it's not my genes, my doubts about who/what i am and what i am/not capable of doing. it's not society, the media or what so and so thinks. the power in my life is God. and so i confidently choose to be all that i am, without apology or compromise, fully trusting that the Universe has my back. i choose faith, courage and the willingness to do it despite and because of it all.

yes. yes. it's true. and for this i am most grateful

always love,

l'


the only thing that bothered me is that we waited so long to make this protest.
-rosa parks

when you are willing to make sacrifices for a great cause, you will never be alone.
-coretta scott king

Archaeology Quote Tip
Let the past
Teach you--
Past customs,
Struggles,
Leaders and thinkers.
Let these
Help you.
Let them inspire you,
Warn you,
Give you strength.
But beware:
God is change.
Past is past.
What was
Cannot
Come again.

To survive,
Know the past.
Let it touch you.
Then let
The past
Go.

-Octavia Butler

2 Comments:

At 03 March, 2006 07:52, Blogger teresa said...

dammit! it's like we never formally siad hello, but i didn't get a chance to say goodbye. shit hurts man. too many. too many...

seeyousoon

 
At 07 March, 2006 01:09, Blogger Rhiannon said...

Thank you for your tremendous inspiration and courage..its just the right time in my life I was meant to hear these things..or rather read them. Your such an inspiration for souls I can tell.

"There are no coincedences".

Blessings to you,

Rhiannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home