31 January 2006

passings...

i held it together when rosa passed. not out of might or right just because i knew it was her time. i had made peace with her transition long before she actually moved on. and now, today, coretta. her trasition symbolizes so much to me. it's as if her life presence was the last of my memories from the time that revolution and action was truly lived. i have been spirialing into distractions from the road that is ahead of us. i feel alone in the unchartered territory that we are now facing.

why didn't they leave their stories tattooed in my skin?
how will i know which direction to go from here?

oh, we revolutions are just spinning in circles, digging deeper ditches for our own trapped exit. i want to collect their stories in cheesecloth bags, bind them beneath my tongue so that i may always breathe their truths. i am holding strong to their legacied memories and hope.

it's like our biggest big sister is gone now. she has left the world to us and i still want her guidance. i want her leadership and light to navigate me through this dark time.

i have swallowed my pain in this moment. it is resting somber in the pit of my belly, resentful that i have not yet birthed my own purpose.

blessings to us all. giving thanks, honor and celebration to and for the ones who have come before. i know you're here with us still. i can feel your energy and love. it's up to me to open my eyes and heart and connect to everything that's around.

i (too) am the light. thank you for modeling excellence and navigating the way.

always love,

l'

6 Comments:

At 01 February, 2006 13:33, Blogger K. Bella said...

Thanx for speaking truth. Her passing and the passing of others this year make me realize that I need to get my own politics/path/etc. together before I knock down walls to make bridges...

 
At 01 February, 2006 13:49, Blogger nikki said...

well said, sista. well said.

 
At 02 February, 2006 20:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it, but you do. Beautifully written. I hope all is well

 
At 03 February, 2006 08:56, Blogger summer of sam said...

each day that you strive to be all that you are is an homage to csk and every other black woman who has come before you.

i hope that made sense.

be easy,
sm.

 
At 06 February, 2006 14:32, Blogger teresa said...

and just think. she started out just living her life - just like us...

 
At 10 February, 2006 05:09, Blogger The Funky Fly Fresh Goddess said...

I was wrestling my emotions once Coretta passed too...it brought up a lot inside of me...I blogged, talked to my mama, talked to my folks, talked to myself, wrote in my journal, blogged some more...I'm appreciative and I'm ready...thank you for sharing with us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home