09 January 2006

...

i am irritable. summer saves me most days and for that i pledge my eternal and unyielding gratitude. grumpy, like only hiding under rocks or in the arms of my beloved(s) would solve. yabs says that she cannot worry about future things with her attention dedicated to the present and i dream of days when she and me and nicole will share dwellings in the bay. yes. this will be good. ruhana is bringing brotherman and the beautiful boys to the a. in march and we are planning reunions and house renting for the lot of us. it will be nurturing times for us all.

i dare and leave messages for those i once never called although the love abounds and i rest assured that i am more than enough.

i am fitted in too tight sweaters and while i was once intimidated by the image of myself reflected in the eyes of others, i have finally learned to love it all, knowing that my own perception and reception of myself are all that matter.

i remember horse farm survival tactics, and jazmines and the days that will never come again. i rememeber that womyn that people remind me of, the one of solid roots and presence and blind grace like the caged bird's song. thoughts of some folk still make my skin crawl and i realize more and more the unneccessary willingness to pretend to like them. niceness is usually irrelevant in my book. what's real? what are you really saying? who are you when the lights are off and you can finally exhale into your deflated skin? who who will you become then?

neither your persona nor your silence will protect you.

3 Comments:

At 09 January, 2006 10:31, Blogger jb said...

i agree with yabs. dedicate yourself to present:your boundless gifts, the bountiful moment.

love ya like an old soul record (and you know i gets down on it. word to Kool & dem)
~jelly belly

PS-Umm I like too tight sweaters but I have been known to purchase and wear items too small for my frame and I can't sit down in a lot of my pants. Word up. Hey!

 
At 11 January, 2006 11:50, Blogger summer of sam said...

the internationally known locally celebrated ultra-magnetic l'boogie down not bronx or simile not to be confused with metaphor,

first, i should be thanking you for requiring that i not bullshit for at least one hour a day. though you dis my amorous advances the way one might shoo a fly buzzing around one's face, it is always and truly a pleasure.

second, word up.

third, you write mad prettyful (comma) yo.

fourth, i know this comment doesn't make up for the delay, but i'm grumpy.

fifth, four is kinda an excuse. (*pulls out notepad. starts thinking of more haiku*)

sixth, there is no sixth, but you and i have discussed my issues with odd numbers.

don't worry, i'm gonna put myself on punishment. excuse me now. the doghouse awaits.

 
At 13 January, 2006 16:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't have much to say but could you be the most beautiful girl in the world??? ***cues Prince voice...

happy new year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home