03 December 2005

i will marry one day.

i love deep, frequently and fast. my sisterlove yabs calls me in tears and i am more than grateful to be the recipient of such phone calls.

there was a deep, rich, juciy magic at spelman college in the fall of 1997. we came to town rich with hope and a new comfort in century old consciousness. the stars had perfectly aligned in order for all of us to be together in those moments-ru, yabs, pipersunshine, jamalia, beana and me (l.boogie)...

i liked to call us the nappy clique, and while the whole point of our existence was to avoid being any kinda 'clique' i really liked the title because it finally officiated me into feeling like i had found my tribe. the next year would bring new initiates-maluna, k.kookie, nicola and others and we learned to love each other strong and true, through the revolution that would eventually become sassafras, sisterfire, afrekete (reborn), big mama's and toni cade...

yes, we grew up and out and onward and there is still no love like that love. ru, nicola, and yabadabs are in the bay and in soon time i will be too. a reunion of divine sisterhood is in order. it is drawing closer and closer to manifestation with each breath.

while i have not resigned eternal life partnership to any of my sisters in the family formerly known as the nappy clique, i know that we will always be married, bonded in spirit, connected by lovebirth...

we speak a new language, one that is secret and unspoken by any others. we understand the code and whisper it to each other in our dreams.

everyday i give thanks for this love for it is all that i am.

we are all reflections...and for that i am so grateful. i joyfully bask in your glow. thank you for reminding me of my own dvinity.

always love,

l'

1 Comments:

At 08 December, 2005 20:32, Blogger The Funky Fly Fresh Goddess said...

L, that was on time, sis. I was feeling that same type of admiration and appreciation for my sisterfriends lately...and I thought to myself, "Self, if they are this fly and I am but a reflection of them, then I must be hecka fly too!" (smiling at the thought)...I'm so happy that you are blessed to have such goddesses in your realm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home