13 October 2005

stories

i had stumbled into an identity crisis. disconnecting and forgetting so much of who i am. there were so many blank spaces, question marks where I used to be. i kept prodding, trying to pick up the blanket so i could see what was underneath. but nothing moved. there was no revelation. i could not figure out what was covering me. i did not know what was masking me from myself. almost everything was blank.

last night as i was driving down the road, it finally occured to me. i had become my stories. there were stories of heartbreak and loss, infidelity and betrayal. memories and 'back in the days...'. angel used to say, "you can't heal a story". i had lived myself so deep into my stories that i did not know how to authentically evolve into another experience.

today i am out of stories. i have remembered that nothing in the past or future is real. it is all illusion created by the stories that we tell ourselves. and so i create this moment, fully present. as soon as it passes, it is gone. i am practicing complete detachement and total engagement with the present. this is my journey. it is all that i am.

love,

me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home