01 March 2006

give it up, turn it loose...

today begins lent and while i don’t practice or celebrate a traditional christianity, i’m very interested in the idea of giving up something to be more aware of Spirt, closer to my own self, grounded in love and devotion. i crave intimacy with discipline because i know that a straight and narrow path is my true liberation.

this is the picture that i paint of and for myself:

 90-100% organic raw and living foods
 daily yoga practice
 1 hour meditation & chanting in the morning and evening
 dance class 3xs a week
 30 minute daily walk on the beach
 7-8 hours sleep
 daily AM wheatgrass
 writing 1 hour daily
 45m-1.5h gym time daily
 1gallon water daily
 a clear, organized mind
 1 hour+ daily nourishing reading
 lots of sunshine, laughter, hugs and fresh air

ahhh, discipline. what else is there to do but to do it? yes. and so it is.

blessings,

l'

7 Comments:

At 01 March, 2006 20:07, Blogger FindingMie said...

i am looking forward to this lenten season. i think the theme for me is accountability. you have set such wonderful goals. i look forward to your trip to the A!--MiMie

 
At 01 March, 2006 21:15, Blogger Alison said...

sounds like my roommate delaine. I miss living minutes away from the beach. Climbing to the roof of my berkeley house and watching the sunset, running in the water naked in SF...oh west coast memories

 
At 02 March, 2006 06:01, Blogger summer of sam said...

i'm giving up raw food for lent.

okokok...pendulums, i know. in all seriousness, combined with ms. butler's passing, your list inspires me to get my act together. thanx.

 
At 02 March, 2006 10:23, Blogger jb said...

what's this talk about all this exercise? you don't way but two lbs as it is. anorexia nervosa i say.

; )

 
At 03 March, 2006 07:54, Blogger teresa said...

honestly, your commitments sound like a hell of a lot of fun. ah, the freedom in regimentation!

xo.

 
At 11 March, 2006 15:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely sweetie---i can't wait to meet you and i, too, am curious if we're alot alike in the physical world because in cyber--it's nothing but kindred-cosmic-synergy-connectivity-andWhateverSimiliarDescriptor you can think of....:)

thank you for sharing your goals and regiment with us----everything looks wonderful---LOTs of disciple but I'm sure you will be fine. it was motivating to read for me!

I appreciate all the nice things you write in my comment section--seriously--they always make me smile and even though i'm M.I.A. on the internet, your blog is always one of the first places i visit whenever i decide to surf..

and i think about you too! can't wait to meet yah!

love from the A ---i will send you my new # and delete the comment...


lots of love and hugs L --you're so beautiful girl :)

 
At 11 March, 2006 15:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home